The Southeast Asian Mathematical Society initiates the SEAMS School of Mathematics as a series of intensive 7-days workshop. The purpose of this school is to provide opportunity for undergraduate as well as master students to have an advanced learning experience in mathematics, and to introduce a research-based learning.
This school will be conducted in Department of Mathematics, Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia in November 9-17, 2015. The participants in this school will learn the fundamental theories and research in “Representation Theory”.
Objectives of this school:
- to introduce students to the fundamental theories and research in Representation Theory and some aspects of its;
- to provide young researchers with sufficient knowledge and background
- to start their research in Representation Theory;
- to give a discussion forum for mathematicians working in these areas and the participants of this school.
The school will focus on the following courses:
- Introduction to Representation Theory,
by Prof. Dr. Sri Wahyuni and Dr. Intan Muchtadi
- Introduction to Geometric Methods in Representation Theory,
by Prof. Dr. Michel Jambu and Dr. Dellavitha Nasution
- Representation Theory of Finite Group,
by Prof. Dr. Bas Edixhoven
- Leavitt Path Algebras,
by Dr. Indah Emilia Wijayanti and Dr. Khurul Wardati
- Representation Theory of Lie Groups,
by Prof. Dr. Zhu Cheng Bo
For more information you can visit :